St. Michael Cemetery
Administered by St. Augustine Parish, Richmond, the cemetery is about one-half mile south of the church on S. Main St. John and Michael Schindler donated property to the parish in 1889 to be used as a cemetery, hence, the name St. Michael’s Cemetery. Since that time the parish purchased another, adjacent piece of property in 1920 to enlarge the cemetery. In 1965 Thaddeus Swartz and his wife donated the third and, at present, last portion of the cemetery. They donated 3.5 acres that are right next to the cemetery. This acreage almost doubles the size of the cemetery to approximately 7 acres.