UPDATE FROM THE BURTON HISTORICAL COLLECTION OF THE DETROIT LIBRARY
"Due to major repairs being made to our facility, many resources from the Burton Historical Collection are temporarily unavailable for staff or public use. We thank you for your patience and understanding".
"Until we can resume regular library service, please explore the online resources available from this page. They include our Digital Collections (accessible without a Detroit Public Library card) and a wide range of databases, including historical newspapers and Ancestry Library Edition (accessible with your DPL library card.)
Email inquiries will be answered as time and resources permit. Reference questions that require material that is currently inaccessible will need to be resubmitted when the collection reopens. Please check back here (Detroit Public Library site) for updates beginning in January 2022".
for more details.
The Polish Professional Genealogists Association and the Polish Genealogical Society of Michigan proudly partnered this year's annual seminar on Saturday, October 16, 2021. Please visit their website to learn more about this wonderful group of dedicated researchers.
to learn more.
Email Issues to PGSM Members
We have recently become aware that not all members are receiving emails from PGSM. This is of great concern to us, especially since you may not have received the latest issues of our publication and newsletter. You might also not know that registration is open for the October seminar.
Please confirm you have received these last emails from PGSM:
- The Polish Eaglet was emailed to those members who receive electronic copies on August 15.
- The News from the Nest was sent electronically on September 8.
- Emails stating that registration for the October seminar is open were sent September 8 and 14.
- I sent an email asking you to confirm that you are receiving emails from PGSM on September 16.
Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know whether you are getting (or not getting) emails from PGSM. If you have not been getting all the publications, please indicate what publications you have not received, and we will send them to you as soon as possible. Due to the uncertainty of how many people may be affected, we are extending the date for registering for the seminar to October 13, 2021.
We apologize for any inconvenience and can assure you that we are trying to identify the problem so it can be corrected. In the meantime, we are working on alternative methods of reaching you, such as this letter and sending emails from gmail.com instead of pgsm.org.
Become a Member of PGSM!
BENEFITS PROVIDED TO MEMBERS
- Virtual meetings featuring a variety of genealogical topics that are presented by local, national, and international experts
- The Polish Eaglet, a journal which contains in-depth articles about Polish genealogy, research techniques, and family histories, published three times a year
- News from the Nest, a newsletter which includes local genealogical news, research tips, and articles about Polish culture and traditions, published three times a year
- A secure database that includes tutorials, databases of genealogy records, bilingual genealogy forms, and past issues of publications
FEATURES AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE
- A calendar of events
- Databases of genealogy information
- An annual all-day seminar which includes sessions on several genealogical topics
- Lists of various links that are useful to researchers
- An online store
- Research services
Stories, Ideas, etc
Have ideas for subjects you would like to see in future publications or do you have a story to tell about your ancestors. Send your ideas/stories to the Editorial Staff of the Polish Eaglet.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Giving Idea!
Have a person that is hard to buy for? How about a Gift Membership to PGSM? For only $30, you will be giving a meaningful gift that lasts a full year. Download a Membership Application, fill it in with the recipient's information and write GIFT on it, mail with your check to our mail address. PGSM will mail a Gift Certificate to your favorite person.