Become a Member of PGSM!
BENEFITS PROVIDED TO MEMBERS
- The Polish Eaglet, a journal which contains in-depth articles about Polish genealogy, research techniques, and family histories, published three times a year
- News from the Nest, a newsletter which includes local genealogical news, research tips, and articles about Polish culture and traditions, published three times a year
- A secure database that includes tutorials, databases of genealogy records, bilingual genealogy forms, and past issues of publications
FEATURES AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE
- A calendar of events
- Databases of genealogy information
- An annual all-day seminar which includes sessions on several genealogical topics
- Lists of various links that are useful to researchers
- An online store
- Research services
- Virtual meetings featuring a variety of genealogical topics that are presented by local, national, and international experts
Need a great gift idea? What about a gift membership to PGSM? Memberships are $25.00 per year with electronic copies of the Polish Eaglet or $35.00 with hard copies. To purchase a gift membership, go to “Join/Renew,” print the membership application, fill it in with the recipient’s information, write “Gift” on it, and mail it with your check to PGSM, P.O. Box 85987, Westland, MI 48185-6087. PGSM will mail a gift certificate to the recipient.
UPDATE FROM THE BURTON HISTORICAL COLLECTION OF THE DETROIT LIBRARY
"Due to major repairs being made to our facility, many resources from the Burton Historical Collection are temporarily unavailable for staff or public use. We thank you for your patience and understanding".
"Until we can resume regular library service, please explore the online resources available from this page. They include our Digital Collections (accessible without a Detroit Public Library card) and a wide range of databases, including historical newspapers and Ancestry Library Edition (accessible with your DPL library card.)
Email inquiries will be answered as time and resources permit. Reference questions that require material that is currently inaccessible will need to be resubmitted when the collection reopens. Please check back here (Detroit Public Library site) for updates beginning in January 2022".
for more details.
Stories and Ideas
Do you have ideas for subjects you would like to see in future publications? Do you have a story to tell about your ancestors or another genealogical topic? Please email your ideas and stories to the editorial staff of the Polish Eaglet at email@example.com